miércoles, octubre 19, 2005

Alone again (Naturally) Gracias H.M.


Oh in a little while from now
if I'm not feeling anyless sour
I promise myself to treat myself
and visit a nearby tower
and climbing to the top
will throw myself off
in an effort to make it clear
to whoever what it's like when you're shattered
left standing in the lurch at a church
where people saying 'my god
that's tough she's stood him up
no point in us remainig
we may as well go home'
as I did on my own
alone again naturally.

To think that only yesterday
I was cheerrful
bright and gay
looking forward to well who wouldn't do
the role I was about to play
but as if to knock me down
reality came around
and without so much
as a mere touch
cut me into little pieces
leaving me to doubt talk about
god in his mercy who if
he really does exist
why did he desert me in my hour of need
I truly am indeed
alone again naturally.

It seems to me that there are more hearts
broken in the world that can't be mended
left unattended what do we do what do we do
alone again naturally.

Now looking back over the years
and whatever else that appears
I remember I cried when my father died
never wishing to hide the tears
and at sixty-five years old
my mother
God rest her soul
couldn't understand why
the only man she had ever loved had been taken
so badly broken despite
encouragemant from me no words were ever spoken
and when she passed away
I cried and cried all day
alone again naturally.

La lenta partida del Alíscafo no era casual. Estaba roto.
Volvimos a puerto donde nos asignaron otra nave.

Al revés del primer embarque que había sido calmo, el caos y la agitación coparon el embarque del segundo cascajo.
Mientras por los parlantes de una radio de los 70 sonaba Gilbert O ´Sullivan, algunos promitentes pasajeros comenzaron a desertar.

La primera fue Eleonora que se quedó con el dueño de Buquebús. Según me enteré le prometió cubrirla de pieles y joyas.
Luego los Xmen decidieron que su avión ofrecía más seguridad que el Alíscafo. Titania se despidió de Al con un beso de doce minutos y bajó la escalerilla tan campante.

Me pareció ver una lágrima en uno de los ojos de Al, pero luego constaté que era que era una mucosidad que se había acumulado en el ojo de vidrio. "Hay que lavarlo todos los días!", decía mamá.

Grinsaíno, en un estado de excitación inexplicable, luego de haber hablado con unos pigmeos, fué hasta una ferretería y compró aguarrás.
Volvió corriendo y pasó un trapo empapado en el solvente por sobre el nombre de la nave "María Eugenia III". Aparecieron debajo unas letras viejas "PEQ" y no se leía el resto.

Desde el puente el capitán, (al que noté medio rengo) trataba de apurar el trámite lanzando juramentos que hubieran hecho ruborizar a los marinos más rudos.

Encaré a Grinsaíno
- Vamos?
- Preferiría no hacerlo, contestó acurrucado contra unos hatos.
Traté de convecerlo de mil maneras. Me fue imposible.

Finalmente zarpamos
Sólos Al y Yo
El Capitán se llamaba Ahab, y prontamente conocimos a la variopinta tripulación.
De ruda apariencia y procedentes seguramente de los cuatro rincones del mundo
Se llamaban:
Queequeg, Starbuck, Stubb, Flask, Daggoo, y Tashtego.

Ya en el mar, en una maniobra que no comprendí, el capitán, que tenía una pata de palo, clavó una moneda de oro en la antena.
Con eso anuló nuestras posibilidades de comunicación por radio y estopeó el radar.

Más o menos rápidamente perdimos de vista la lengua de tierra.
El capitán no lo dijo.
Íbamos rumbo al Sur
Solos. En la madrugada


Sólo, nuevamente (naturalmente) Thanks H.M.

The slow game of the Alíscafo was not accidental. He was broken.
We returned to port where they assigned another ship to us.
The other way around of the first boarding that had been barren, the chaos and the agitation won the boarding of the second gravel.
While by the loudspeakers of one radio of the 70 sounded Gilbert Or ´Sullivan, some fleeting promitentes began to desert.
First it was Eleonora that remained with the owner of Buquebús. According to I found out promised to him to cover it with skins and jewels.
Soon the Xmen decided that its airplane offered more security than the Alíscafo. Titania took leave of A with a kiss of twelve minutes and lowered the so cool stairway.
It seemed to see a tear me in one of the eyes of A, but soon I stated that it was that it was a mucosity that was had accumulated in the glass eye. "It is necessary to wash it every day", mother said.
Grinsaíno, in a state of inexplicable excitation, after to have spoken with pigmeos, fué until an ironworks and bought turpentine spirit.
It returned running and it passed a rag soaked in the solvent through over the name of the ship "Maria Eugenia III". They appeared old letters "PEQ underneath" and the rest was not legible From the bridge the captain, (to that I noticed means rengo) tried to worry the proceeding sending oaths that had made ruborizar to the most robust sailors.
I faced Grinsaíno
- We go?
- It would prefer not to do it, answered curled up against cattle ranches.
I tried to convecer it of thousand ways. It was impossible to me.
Finally we weighed anchor Sólos To and I
The Captain was called Ahab, and quickly we knew the many-colored crew.
Of robust appearance and originating surely of the four corners of the world they were called: Queequeg, Starbuck, Stubb, Flask, Daggoo, and Tashtego.
Already in the sea, in one maneuver which I did not include/understand, the captain, who had a wood leg, nailed a gold currency in the antenna.
With that it annulled to our possibilities of communication by radio and estopeó the radar.
More or less quickly we lost of Vista the earth language.
The captain did not say it. We went Single course to the South.
At dawn

No hay comentarios.: